Sunday 18 January 2015

Watch the Elements

I've talked a lot about the Elements and I feel that some more information might be needed. This poem from the Age of Elements (kindly translated into English by me! But as to what language was it to begin with? Another day perhaps...) might help shed some light:
Watch the place that Fire does burn.
Watch the place that Knowledge is learned.
Watch the place that Life does flourish.
Watch the place that Darkness is punished.
Watch the place that Light does shine.
Watch the place that Air is signed.
Watch the place that Water does flow.
Watch the place that Time is slowed.
Watch the place that Berserker does train.
Watch the place that Earth is veined.

From ‘Nursery Rhymes for Satyrs’ by Elise Fast Trotter, poet. Written in 478 AE.   

2 comments:

  1. In your last post you put that the Age of Elements has no known length. However, in this post you put a date for the poem in the AE section. Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, again. As I understand it, the Age of Elements is of such a length that the precise dates are often confused or completely wrong. However, there are some dates that are known to us, but they may still be inaccurate. I try my best to find the most accurate dates I can but, due to the nature of this time period, I cannot get it completely right each time.

      Thank you for your understanding.
      The Chronicler

      Delete