Saturday 17 January 2015

The Beginning

Hello everyone. I am the Chronicler and I'll be you're host, guide and friend as we explore the place in which we reside. Hmm... Yes, I like it. That's how I'll start!
Oh, hello fair reader! May I introduce myself? As I have already stated, I am the Chronicler and I am your host etc. You see, it is my job to chronicle (hence the name) all of the information that resides in this universe of ours. And what universe is that? Well, of course there is an actual name for it (which I'm sure we'll cover eventually, presuming you stay with me, that is) but, I quite like the term Elemental Universe because that's not only the basis of the universe but also the basis of the idea of the basis of the universe.

Let me explain. Since the beginning of their own history, humankind (and, indeed, almost every other intelligent race that has ever lived) has tried to work out what the very building blocks of the universe are as well as their beginning. The Elements are at the very centre of, well, everything! And the elements of the idea of the Elements being at the centre of everything is also at the centre of the idea. Get it? Hmm... Perhaps not but then, perhaps so. It'll make more sense once we've gone through some more information and chronicled it. Maybe, I'll even be able to find a document that details the formation of the universe! Or maybe I won't. That'll be for us to find out, I guess.

Anyway, why am I telling you all this? Well, as I said, it's my job to chronicle all of the information in the universe and that is what I'm planning to do! But, I also thought, what's the point in doing this if no one but me gets to see it? Especially as I already know almost everything that I'm going to chronicle? There is no point in doing that so, instead, I have decided to share it with you! You're welcome! Let the chronicling begin!

Yours Sincerely,
The Chronicler

P.S. Why would I use 'Yours Sincerely' when I don't know your name (and I don't, probably)? Consider it a gesture of good faith that you'll stick with me on this fine journey into the depths of all there is to know!

2 comments:

  1. This comment is commenting about this comment commenting on the comment. Anyway, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But is it the comment that's commenting on the commenter or is the commenter commenting on the comment? And, thanks, there's lots more to come!

      Delete