Monday 14 September 2015

Once

Another old story for you today - hope you enjoy! P.S. sorry for the delay in posting, things have been very busy...

Once I saw a magical sight,
A sight, not soon, I would fight.

One of majesty and might,
One that breathed fire and light.

Once I heard a terrible cry,
A cry, not soon, I would try.

One of fear and pain,
One that would make a man insane.

Once I felt an unbearable heat,
A heat, not soon, I would repeat.

One of strength and glory,
One that told a lifelong story.

Once I smelt a dying scent,
A scent, quite soon, was hell-bent.

One of smoke and dust,
One of death, be it must.

Once I tasted an awesome power,
A power, quite soon, before I would cower.

One of flames and ash,
One that an army, it would dash.

Once I witnessed a miraculous rebirth,
A rebirth, that came from the sky, fire and of Earth.

One of life and death,
One of a phoenix' last, and first, breath.

From ‘Stories of Rebirth’ by Polly Tey, Children's Stories Writer. Written in 512 AH.

No comments:

Post a Comment