Sunday 10 May 2015

The Legacy of O.U.T.L.A.W.S. No. 17 Outlawed

"No!" screamed Fam, sliding under INFOS and leaping at Exalndria bringing Aiylier and Daiylier round to strike, the blades freezing as they moved. The lexarch held up a gloved hand, no longer uncertain or worried about what to do. The twin blades steamed as they melted into the Flame Glove but Fam pushed on, forcing Exalndria onto one knee.

"Wait, Fam, stop!" Exalndria cried, "You don't know what you're doing!". She gripped Aiylier and Daiylier in one hand and latched a small, white, object to Fam's arm. An electric current flowed through it and Fam dropped her weapons, her whole body tensing.
"Right,"said Exalndria, standing up and brushing her self off "Now will you give me some time to explain?" Fam just stared, hatred building in her eyes, her body straining against the electricity. "Good," Exalndria nodded, her voice suddenly lower, older "You know, I didn't want this. But, then again, I also really want to be free," the lexarch stopped, a look of surprise on her face "Oh, but I haven't introduce myself properly yet, have I?" she smiled, "I am Chaos, a being of untold power and age," she frowned, "You know, I've always found that last part a bit rude. I don't think I'm that old! But, I suppose, that's because I'm contained in this pitiful body," Exalndria/Chaos gestured at her/himself. She/he paused, stepping backwards "Well I would guess that you have a lot of questions and we've got some time before my Matter Key comes back again so, have at it!" Fam stayed silent, just staring. "You know, I'm beginning to think that you don't want to talk to me. Your old friend, Exalndria, no less! Well, I suppose I am more than her. Oh," Exlandria/Chaos remembered "You can't speak, can you? Well that is no way to treat an old friend! Let me turn that down for you," she reached forwards and inputted something into the white object holding Fam prisoner, "There. You can speak now." 
"Why did you do that?" asked Fam, "Why did you let him take the key? Why did you kill him?". 
"Ah," Exalndria/Chaos frowned, "No, no, no. I didn't kill him. That can be attributed to bad timing and the last of INFOS' goodness."
"Goodness?" exclaimed Fam, "He killed Gedrick!" 
"Yes," he/she nodded "But, in doing so, he stopped me coming to power. Of course, he failed as I'm coming back anyway." 
"Not as long as there remnants of Team 5 and the O.U.T.L.A.W.S." 
"Oh yes, about that," Exalndria/Chaos tried his/her best to look sad, ultimately failing "I'm afraid that I've had to cut your Team down to one person - namely you." Fam looked shocked, hatred spilling from every ounce of her being. Exalndria nodded "Yes. I'm sorry, but I had to deal with your friend, Orpos. He was becoming a bit of a distraction for the Team and the O.U.T.L.A.W.S. as a whole. I am sorry but you're the only one left." 
"You forgot about me... milady." said INFOS, firing a laser at the white object and disintegrating it. Exalndria/Chaos screamed and a dark wave rushed from his/her hands, enveloping INFOS. Instantly, Fam felt free again. She snatched up Aiylier and Daiylier stabbing Exalndria/Chaos in the leg, forcing him/her onto one knee. She brought the blades to her old friend's neck and stopped. 
"In respect to who you used to be, I shall spare your life. But be warned, I am coming back for you. You shall never be freed." She sheathed her swords and ran off, climbing back down the mountain, and leaving Exalndria/Chaos sitting there, atop the mountain.
*                                                                             *                                                                               *
"Many of you will have known Gedrick and Orpos," said Rick Rathe, to the assembled O.U.T.L.A.W.S. "Many of you will have classed them as friends and allies. This is why today is such a sad and terrible occasion, for when one of our member dies, a little part of all of us go with them. But, rather than mourn - for that is not what they would have wanted - we must look forwards and strive to prevent their lives from going in vain. The water nymph, Faliyodrim Peacelyre has dealt a sore blow to us today but, thankfully, her wrath wasn't absolute. Two of her Team survived and are with us, here, today. Exalndria and INFOS tried their hardest to stop Fam from completing her mission - to retrieve the Chaos Keys and free Chaos, and managed to keep them from her. We have, in our possession, two of the five Chaos Keys and, so, we have a new mission," the Leader of the O.U.T.L.A.W.S. looked at the assembled crowd for a moment, heightening their anticipation, "We must find the final three Chaos Keys and stop them from getting into the wrong hands. And, to do so, I am very pleased to announce that we have gained an ally. Many of you will remember Jared Kyko and the League of Hunters, I am sure." Hundreds of humans in League of Hunters uniform entered the room, surrounding the Elementals of the O.U.T.L.A.W.S.. Jared Kyko stood beside Rick Rathe. Nervous chatter pervaded the room until Rathe called for silence. "Let this be a new day for the O.U.T.L.A.W.S." he continued "May we work together to stop the world from falling to Chaos. Hunters and O.U.T.L.A.W.S. together at last. Allies once more."   

No comments:

Post a Comment